Thursday, January 1, 2009

A Special Christmas Surprise!!

We were so blessed with an amazing surprise just a couple weeks before Christmas. I am not going to go into all the details of the story. My sister experienced a very hard time in her life about 11 years ago. It involved her placing her son, Micheal for adoption. He was 6 years old at the time. Fast forward to about 3 weeks ago, my sister received a friend request through myspace........it was MICHEAL!! He found her.......well, all of us and made contact!! We are so very happy to be back in touch with him. The kids and I drove up to my sister's Saturday, after Christmas and Micheal's parents brought him to meet all of us!! We had such a great time just hanging out for the night. We had a big ole family slumber party!! We all took tons of pictures. We didn't go anywhere or really do anything big, just a whole lot of visiting, talking, laughing, loving, and spending some wonderful time together. This is the first time every my sister and I have had ALL of our kids together!! Anyway, here is just a small glimpse of our weekend!! (Sorry. The pictures are not in perfect order.)

Micheal, Ian and I!! He still loves his Aunt Cha!



Nicole!


Pretty Momo.



Ian and Asha chillin' together.




Trey and Kristen playing!

My sister, Trina and Micheal!

















My sis!




Trey and Nicole.


Ian crashed first!


Playing Mad Gab. ( Trina, Aaron, Kristen and Trina's friend, Dawn)






Ian and Trey having a late morning chat.











Micheal does Hula dancing so he dance for us!! It was great and he is really good!!






Time to wake up boys.....











My two nephews...Trey and Micheal



My sis and her boys!!








All our kiddos!







This made for a really special time!!! We can't wait to do it all again!!

4 comments:

Dani said...

That is SO awesome!!!! I'm so excited for you and your family!!! It looks like Michael fit in really really well!! :o)

Rhonda said...

Sounds like a wonderful family reunion and a very special Christmas gift.

Sherri said...

That is so great.
One of my best friends in high school gave up her baby for adoption. A few years ago, he found her. It was such an amazing experience to meet him...all grown up and so handsome.
I'm happy for your family..this is amazing!

Mama Teaching 3 said...

Oh my gosh what a precious GIFT! :) I teared up at this one, girl!