Sunday, July 27, 2008

Our Mission Trip To Helen, Ga



Aaron and I went on a mission trip to Helen,Ga from the 16th - 21st, with the youth group from our church. It was a wild week for sure but great things were accomplished and we all had a great time. There was a total of 52 people that went! We held backyard Bible clubs in five different locations in the mornings and then did various mission projects in the afternoons and evenings.
I of course took tons and tons of pictures but I am not posting them all here.
Here I am, one of the girls grabbed my camera and snapped this one of me at some point during the trip.

Mountain scenery...this was on the way to the Ga. Mountain Fair one night.




Unloading the vans at the fair......





Some of the animals we saw at the fair....

This is called a Zonkey, it is a mix of donkey and zebra!






Mrs. Emily and Sam checking out the BIG BULL!!

Getting set up for the bands to play....



Stephanie and Aaron waiting for their part in one of the dramas....I just thought this picture was funny with them dresses in Bible clothes in the middle of the fair!

Part of our group watching the performances....

A drama.....








Grounded Again playing at the fair....





Another drama.....





Some of the kids managed to squeeze in a ride or two.


The older guys band playing......

Aaron and Heather relaxing back at the cabins one afternoon.



We went around downtown and washed windows for shop owners and then took a minute to ask them if they had any prayer needs and prayed with them.



Later than night, we set up and performed all the dramas downtown.


Sam, Mrs. Emily and me!

The bands played down by the river one afternoon.

while the rest of the group did a river clean up. They took trash bags and walked the river to clean up any trash they found. While doing this, they also assisted people who were tubing when they got hung up on the rocks.






More scenery....








As I said, it was a crazy and busy week but we had so much fun. I was a little anxious going since I have never been away for that long but we all survived. I am planning to go again next year!!









3 comments:

Sherri said...

That looks like an amazing place and a great time!!! Wow! I'm sure you were so glad that you went.

Alison said...

Looks awesome hun!

Rhonda said...

Awww look at that smile! Looks like you all had fun on that trip!