Monday, July 7, 2008

Band practice, life, a rainbow and the 4th


Lots of pictures from the past few days. We haven't done anything really exciting, just life. Aaron has been spending a lot of time at church for either band practice or drama team practice. He and I are getting ready to go on a mission trip next week to Helen, Ga. Here are a few pics from the band practice last Thursday night.
Hanging in the youth loft waiting to start practice.





Our neighbor, Mr. Evans.


Tine to practice now....Aaron on the drums.




Jesse's dad, Mr. Terry, was helping with the practice too. Randy was also there.

Chris on the bass.




Jesse on the guitar and Chris on the bass.

While Aaron was practicing, the other 3 kids were just hanging out at home. Silly Ian.


Momo and Ian having fun!

Then Sissy joined in too!




July 4th was a pretty quiet day. Randy worked all day. Aaron, Kristen and Morgan went to a friends pond for a retirement/4th party. Ian and I just hung out and waited for Randy to get home. We had a thunderstorm pop up in the evening and then this pretty rainbow!

I just thought the raindrops were kinda neat in this picute. You can barely see the rainbow in the corner...

More rain....



If you look close you can see the double rainbow here.....

Ian wanted to play in the rain...yes, the sun was shining and it was raining too!

Just having fun playing on the front porch!






I was playing with the settings on my camera so I just took a bunch or random pics while we were waiting for it to get dark.

My Maggie!

I like the way this one looks ...

She looks really happy about me taking pictures of her!


It finally got dark and we went out to do some little fireworks with some of the neighbors. We just all hung out in the street ( cul de sac) and had lots of fun. We didn't do any big fireworks, just the small fountain type ones. The kids still had a blast though.





My little ham!

See all these kids ( and several are not in the pic, including 3 of mine)!! This is all from just 4 families!! I love our neighborhood!!






The big kids finally made it back home and joined us in the street!


Not sure what this expression was for! HAHA!
Muscle man??

Telling us a story about doing a double back flip from the rope swing at the pond!!

Lastly, Aaron and Ian were playing with dominoes Sunday afternoon. This is what Aaron built.




This week should be fairly quiet. I am working on school planning for the new year. Aaron will be doing more practice. The kids will be just hanging out and enjoying the last couple weeks before we hit the books again on July 28th!! Oh yeah!! It is my turn for a birthday this week too!!

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

Looks like great family time for all! I love all of the fireworks. I can not get the night shot on my camera to work at all. None of our fireworks display came out. :0(
I hope that you have a great birthday this week! I am sure your family will shower you with love.

Mama Teaching 3 said...

You guys just make me smile!

Sherri said...

Another fun day for you! I love how you got together with others in the neighborhood for fireworks. I just like that atmosphere!