Friday, May 16, 2008

Where to start???

Once again, I am so very behind on blogging. I guess I can use the excuse that we finished up our school year and have just been relaxing. That is true to a certain extent. We did finish and we have been enjoying days of doing whatever but we have had lots of fun! I am going to try to get all the bazillion pictures posted tonight. Let's see....we have been baking bread pretty regularly now. The last time we baked, Kristen also made some homemade granola for us. It was really yummy!! Here she is stirring the ingredients. Ian was helping.

Mixing......

Lil'Rob just being silly!

And Aaron being silly too! He was trying out some sunglasses Momo had made in Sunday School the day before.


Aaron made cinnamon rolls while we were working on bread.


He also made the loaf of whole wheat bread too!


The granola is all done!! She was proud of herself!


We also had some sad news that week. One of our cousins(my mama's first cousin, Danny) passed away due to brain cancer. He had been battling it for almost 2 years. Here are my brothers and I before we left for the funeral. The sun was very bright, hence the squinted eyes!


The boys wanted to pose for pictures too when we took ours.





Now just some random pics of us hanging out at home.



Traded spots .....

A pretty rose on one of my rose bushes.

I am not sure what was so funny!

Maggie enjoying the warm days too.







We have really enjoyed a special treat in our backyard. There is a pair of Pileated Woodpeckers that have nested in the trees in our backyard. Every afternoon for the past few weeks, they come out searching for grubs in the grass. I was able to get up close one day and snapped these pictures of them.





That is all for this post but I have more to come!!

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

Sorry to hear about the loss in the family. I always love the photos of your kids. Their smiles are so genuine. Those are the coolest looking woodpeckers. I have never seen any like that around where I live.

Mama Teaching 3 said...

So sorry to hear of your loss. Remember him sweetly! :)

Those woodpeckers are SO neat!