Friday, May 16, 2008

May 14, 2008, Momo's Miracle Day!

I don't think I have ever posted on this blog about Morgan's Miracle Day. We celebrated the 4 year anniversary of her special day on Wednesday, May 14th. Morgan drowned in our pool when she was just over 2 years old, on May 14th, 2005. We were given a miracle of our very own that day, when Morgan survived and was perfect in every way. We thank God for our miracle EVERY single day, but we especially try to remember it each year on the anniversary. It has become our tradition for Morgan to make a BIG cookie on May 14th. Well, this past Wed. that is just what we did. This year's flavor was a sugar cookie with M&Ms on top!! Yummy. I am also going to share a video montage I made last year. I have it posted on my personal blog but I added some new pictures from the past year and also a new song. The third song also holds a special memory for us. When Morgan was just a few months old, we saw Steven Curtis Chapman in concert. While he was singing the song, Fingerprints of God, Randy held Momo up over his head, and Steven Curtis Chapman pointed to her and sang the song to her!! I hope you enjoy the little slideshow of our miracle, our Momo Monkey. ( You may want to go to the bottom of the blog and stop the music player before playing the video.)








Here are Morgan, Sara and Ian getting ready to make the big cookie.


Rolling it out......


Adding the M&Ms on top!!




All ready for the oven.....








It is all baked now!! (Yes, she had changed clothes, she was getting ready to leave for church.)




My beautiful little miracle, my Momo Monkey. She is such a blessing to me. Her eyes are the bluest of blues and are always full of life and excitement, her smile could melt an iceberg. She loves to have fun and is always on the go. Those that know Morgan in person, know she has a personality all her own. She is so unique and some days, I will admit, can make for some tense moments, but I wouldn't trade a single one for anything in the world. It is those moments when I am reminded most that God has a big and special plan for my girl. He let me know that for sure on a day in May. I am so grateful that He chose to give her to us for a little longer, to raise her, and love her and teach her, in order for her to become the beautiful woman He has planned for her to be. I know she will accomplish everything she sets out to do and nothing will get in her way. Morgan will do whatever it is God has planned for her. I am blessed to be her mama. I love you Momo.

3 comments:

Alison said...

Has it really been 4 years? I remember that so clearly..WOw..

Rhonda said...

Chandra, I had tears in my eyes while reading this blog and watching the video. I had never heard this story before. You are truly blessed. How I love the freckles on Morgan and those stunning blue eyes look like the sky itself. I am gonna hold my girls a little bit closer today. Thank you for sharing this. Big HUGZ to you and your family.

Mama Teaching 3 said...

Praise the Lord! Happy Miracle DAY! :)