Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Rough weekend but a nice ending......

Well, after a fun evening Friday with Ian's party, things began to fall apart. It all started about 2am Saturday morning. Ian woke up and I realized he felt hot. Sure enough, he had a fever. I couldn't get him to take any meds so I just let him sleep. Well, when he woke up in the morning, he was fine, no temp. I was getting ready to leave for a Pampered Chef party at my friend Alice's house. Just as I was about to leave, I got a text from Aaron telling me he had just gotten sick. Now remember in the last post, he had left on a youth trip. He was in North Carolina at a conference so there was no way for him to come home. Well, I left and went on to the party and all throughout the day, Aaron kept texting me telling me he had gotten sick again and he was feeling soooo bad. I felt so sorry for him but there was nothing I could do. I knew he was going to be miserable riding home Saturday night on the bus ( about a 4.5 hour ride). Anyway, I had a great time at the party and enjoyed hanging out with Alice for a little while afterwards. I finally made it home after making a couple stops on my way and Randy had to leave to go to a gig out of town. Just as he was getting ready to leave, Ian started saying he didn't feel good. I felt him and he was burning hot again. His temp was almost 103. I got him to take some Motrin and he fell asleep but was moaning and crying in his sleep, poor baby. All the while, Aaron is still texting me. Gran Julie stopped by to bring Ian his birthday gift and he woke up for a minute to open it. After Mrs. Julie left, I notice it was looking like it might rain outside. I called the girls in and we settled in for what I hoped was going to be a quiet night. Well, that was short lived to say the least. Around 9 or so my neighbor called to tell me we were under tornado warnings!! It didn't take long and the storms started coming. There were reports of tornadoes all around us. It wasn't long until we lost power (which also means water too). I was on the phone with my brother and Stephanie who still had power trying to keep updated. They were telling me the tornadoes were right down the road from me and one of the main power sources was destroyed! Aaron finally made it home in the midst of the storms. I was even more nervous knowing they were driving through all of that to come home! He was so sick when he got here and also had a high fever. Poor kid did not have a fun trip! Eventually, things calmed down but there was no power for several counties all around us! We didn't get our power back for about 16 hours!! This is not fun when you have two kids with the flu and no water or power! We survived though. The boys are feeling much better now. Randy took yesterday off and he and I went to do some shopping and spend some time together ALONE! That was a nice way to start the week. Then we enjoyed a quiet afternoon at home, doing some work in the yard and just relaxing. Here are a few pics of the day....

More azaleas blooming

Aaron watering some tulips we just planted


Ian playing golf!


More pretty flowers...these are the ones I am going to take out to Mama's grave for Easter.


Bubbles!




Just cuteness!


The canteen from Gran Julie!

Basketball!



My big boy!


Planting some flower pots



More water fun!




This morning Kayden came back so of course Momo and Ian wanted to hold him and take pics!
Silly face!





It has been a good day. Aaron has almost finished his English book for 8th grade. Kristen chose to do her schoolwork for today, last night and Momo will work on hers after Kayden leaves today. It is spring break for public schools so she wanted to go out and play today!

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

Awww how sad that the kids were so sick. Poor Aaron didn't even get to have fun on his trip. :0( Glad to see in the pictures that they are feeling better. Those flowers are beautiful!

Lift Up Your Hearts said...

That is no fun about the illness and storms, but glad everything turned out ok and that you got some great spring weather afterward! Your yard looks pretty!

Mama Teaching 3 said...

Planting and baby holding! What could be better?