Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Happy 3rd Birthday Ian!!

Friday, March 14th was Ian's 3rd Birthday!! My baby isn't so much a baby anymore. He had a great day. We did some things around the house Friday morning and I finished decorating his cake (pics below). We left around 11am to take Aaron up to the church to leave on a youth trip for the night. On the way we stopped to grab some lunch. Then we picked Sara up from her aunt and headed to Walmart for a couple last minute things. We picked Randy up from work and came home to get ready for Ian's party. Ian fell asleep when we got home so that was a good thing!! He was rested and ready to have fun by the time everyone came over. I'll tell the rest in pictures!!

Here is Sara, just before the party started.

And we can't forget about Maggie. Morgan put some flowers in Maggie's collar for the occasion although, they didn't last there long.

My little man.......


Playing outside waiting for everyone.




The cake!! I was happy with how it turned out!

Getting ready to blow out the candle!

Singing Happy Birthday!


BLOW!!!


Enjoying yummy cake and ice cream!









This is my niece, Linzy. She is Lil'Rob's older sister.




Dawn, my sister in law, and Lil'Rob's mama.



Robert(my brother) and Randy.
Robert and the boys!!

Time for presents!!






A drum SET!!!


Lots of help opening this box!




OH MY GOSH!! is what he was saying. Actually, that is what he said with EVERY single gift he opened. It was so cute!

My own basketball goal!!



Hugs for Uncle Bobo (Robert). This was actually a ploy to get Bobo to put the basketball goal together for him!


Waiting patiently......





He decided to check out his other gifts while he waited for the basketball to be ready.




Ready to play now (sort of)



Momo thought the big box was more fun to play with!






Silly boy!



And now the drums have been put together!!




Momo trying the drums out too.



Every drummer needs a Thomas Engineer hat right?


After the party was over, Ian decided the front loader would be great to use to clean up their bedroom!





Thanks to everyone that came and celebrated with us!! It was a great day and Ian loved every minute of turning 3 years old!! It has been such a blessing to our family to have this little man in our lives. He was a fresh breath of life just when we needed it the most. I am so thankful that God gave him to us to raise and enjoy. He is definately a ray of sunshine in our lives. I love you, Buddy. You will always be my little man, no matter how big you get!! Happy Birthday.

5 comments:

Rhonda said...

Awww what a wonderful looking party. That cake is so cute, but not as cute as Ian is. He is just precious.

Stephanie said...

I'm really disappointed that we missed it. Happy Birthday Monkey Boy! We love you guys.

chandra said...

Rhonda, thanks so much! I tend to agree he is pretty darn cute too!

Stephanie, don't worry about it. I know ya'll would have been here is you weren't so sick!!

Lift Up Your Hearts said...

Awwwwwww, Happy Birthday Ian! 3 years old, wow! Great cake too Chandra!

Mama Teaching 3 said...

Okay the bubble grill, how cute is that?????? I want one!

He is so cute and I know he had a great time from those pictures. :)