Friday, May 1, 2009

Garden Update!!

Our little garden is growing!! We have been working hard weeding and watering, and tending every day! Momo was helping me pull weeds Thursday afternoon.

Kristen was checking out the corn!




Here are our beans! We started these from seeds.

Our peas were from seeds as well!

Our little corn stalks!



Momo hiding in the tree!! The perfect place for a Momo Monkey!


While I was out weeding this afternoon, I spotted our first little baby squash!! Upon looking closer, I found several more on all the plants! It won't be long until we are eating our fresh veggies and we can't wait!!


5 comments:

AOP said...

Hello Chandra, my name is Kristi Gesink and I work for the homeschooling company Alpha Omega Publications. I noticed after reading through your blog that you use our Horizons curriculum to teach your children math. We would like to say a big thank you for mentioning our company on your blog and we would appreciate it very much if you would please post a link from your blog to our site at http://www.aophomeschooling.com, that way readers and friends can just click on the link to check out your great curriculum.

Thank again and if you have any questions please feel free to email me at kgesink@aop.com.

Have a wonderful day!
Kristi Gesink
AOP

PS the garden looks great!!! What fun!

Rhonda said...

I remember, as a little girl, weeding our garden. We lived in the country and every year my daddy would plant a very large garden so there were many weeds to pull. I never cared much for the weeding, but I sure loved those fresh veggies. Isn't it exciting to see those new little veggies growing? Your garden looks great!

Sherri said...

That's an amazing garden...wow. You will have your work cut out for you when everything starts producing. :)

Mama Teaching 3 said...

I see canning and freezing in your future! :)

Jolene said...

I just love the veggie garden. Our veggie patch is a 10th of the size ;)

I’ve given you an award and you can pick it up at my blog http://jolenecmom.blat.co.za/2009/05/25/ive-received-my-first-blog-award/. You have a lovely blog!