Friday, May 1, 2009

Roses, Saying Good Bye and a Family Day!

Remember a few posts back I posted pictures of the buds on my rose bush? Well, here are some of the blooms!!! There were 4 HUGE blooms that were so pretty!








Thursday, we just hung out with Alison and her family while they packed up and prepared to leave Friday morning. I couldn't help but snap this picture of Jadziah and Momo....kinda look like their mamas, huh?

Alison, Eric, Noah, Declan, Jadziah and Taejan left Friday morning. We had so much fun with them and really enjoyed the week. It was really neat to finally meet in person after talking for all these years!! As soon as they left, we began to get ready for more company!! My sister, brother in law and two nieces arrived Friday night for the weekend!! Saturday, Johnny, Erin and Jacey joined us for a cook out. I didn't take many pictures but I did have to sneak a few of Jacey!! Momo and Jacey!



Here is my niece, Miss Nicole, also known as Coco!! Isn't she just a doll?

Erin and Johnny needed to run an errand so they let us babysit Jacey for a little bit. Kristen was thrilled!!

I just love this picture of John John, Jacey, Ian and Kristen. It is so sweet, Ian was rubbing Jacey's little head and softly saying " sweet Jacey, sweet Jacey". I think this captures the sweetness of the moment....





My newest hobby is baking bread using my new bread machine and my whole wheat flour which I am milling myself!! I bought a bucket of whole wheat kernels and am using my friend's mill to mill the wheat into flour. I have had a lot of fun experimenting with different recipes and the bread is so yummy!! This is the first wheat loaf I made this past Monday night!! Kristen and I stayed up late waiting for it to come out of the machine so we could try it out!!


Kristen says "MMMMMMMMMMMM"!!!!


We have also gotten back into our school lessons this week and we went to coop on Monday. We only have one more coop day for this year and about 3 weeks of school lessons left until we take a summer break!

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

Your roses are just gorgeous! I am waiting for my red ones to bloom. They are very slow this year.

That photo of Morgan and Ziah cracked me up. Yep, that looked just like you and Alison. Too cute!

Homemade bread. Yum! My fav is banana nut bread. I love making it, but I buy the boxed kind. I know, I cheat. LOL!

We have about 3 weeks left of school also and are counting down the days. Lindsay has asked if she can work on some lessons over the summer. So I think that I may have one or 2 days of lessons with her. That child would have school 24/7 if it were up to her. LOL!