Sunday, December 2, 2007

Playing the Catch Up Game

Well, once again, I have gotten slack in my blogging. No excuse really other than just staying busy with life and enjoying the season with family and friends. I'll just tell the story of what we have been up to for the past few weeks in pictures.

First, Ian was helping Papa(Randy) fix a leak on the truck one morning.





We finished the first term at coop on the 14th of November. It was a great term. Here is my kindergarten class finishing up their lapbooks for the story How to Make an Apple Pie and See the World. We had a lot of fun with this story. I will take more detailed pics of the lapbooks to post later.


Momo on the far right, back row.


Next, here is my It's a Bug's Life class showing their "bugs" they created using all sorts of craft supplies. They also wrote a story and shared those with the class to finish up the term. Lots of fun!! (Kristen is the second from the left in the back row)



My sister and brother in law came down for the night that next Sunday. Both my brothers were also at the house as we were taking care of some business. Here are the four of us!! Pictures of all of us together don't happen very often. Yes, my LITTLE brothers are TALL, I am 5' 91/2 " to give an idea how tall they are.



Here I am with my niece Asha.


And here is my sister and my nephew (her son).



Next up is Thanksgiving Day. This was early in the day. Ian, Aaron and I were watching the Macy's Parade on TV. Aaron got the camera out and snapped some pictures. They girls were out playing and Randy was still at work.








I got up bright and early on Black Friday and went shopping. I am happy to say I am about 98% finished. I just have a few small items to pick up but other than that I am done!! I am so glad to have that behind me.
Saturday, we just hung out, ran some errands and then put the Christmas tree up that night.








After the tree was done, the kids and Uncle John John all chilled on the couch!!

Now isn't this an exciting looking bunch!! HAHAHAH
Sunday morning started early again. Randy, John John, Aaron and Kristen went to Jacksonville to see a NFL game. Here are a few pics they took while there. Ian, Morgan and I just hung out at home and finished putting the Christmas decorations out.
The guys.


Uncle John John.....my youngest brother.

Back at home. Just a few random shots.




Some of the decorations.






The hard life of a teenager.....playing ZUMA
Thursday was an exciting day for Morgan. She was invited to go to a concert with her friend (our neighbor) Sara. She was very excited to do such a big girl thing all by herself!! Here she is all ready to go, waiting for Mrs. Lisa and Sara to pick her up.
It wouldn't be Momo if she didn't get a silly picture!!

Now the cute ones!

Last but not least....here is Maggie. She has found that the window sill behind the love seat in the school room makes a good place to relax and watch the world go by. Kristen took this picture of her the other day. Maggie's birthday is today, Dec. 2nd. She is a year old!! Happy Birthday Mag-Mag!!

Well, there you have it. That is what life has been like around our house the past few weeks. Now, we are getting ready to start a new term at coop this Wednesday and the normal school. We will have lots of fun celebrating the Christmas season throughout the month as well, I am sure!! We will be painting pottery, having a Christmas party at coop and lots of crafts, baking and such too so there will be lots of pictures to share. For now though, I guess it is bedtime for me......

3 comments:

Alison said...

Looks like things are going super well!!!!

Sherri said...

That was a nice catchup :). I love all of the pics.
We got our Christmas stuff up pretty early this year. I am just looking forward to finsihing school for our Christmas break so we can start doing our fun Christmas stuff!!

Alison said...

Again..awesome and!
You've been tagged

http://wayzleyacademy.homeschooljournal.net/2007/12/07/blog-tag-anyone/