Friday, September 14, 2007

Dentist and Chuck E. Cheese!!!

We have, as usual, been staying busy! Last Wednesday was our first day back at coop. We had a GREAT day!! The kids were excited to get back. I am teaching 3 classes this session and they all went really well. After coop, we had some errands to run, including Aaron's orthodontist appointment and I had to go pick up a letter from the Dr. office. The stop at the Dr. office ended up being a 2 hour ordeal because it has been so long since Aaron had been seen, they wanted to see him before they would give me the letter to say his heart murmur was gone. ( He had to have this letter in order to have his teeth cleaned at a new dentist the next day). We sat in the waiting room for almost 2 hours and spend all of about 2 minutes actually with the Dr. We did get to measure Aaron's height and weight while we were back there. He is now 5 feet, 6 inches and 108 pounds!!!! He is getting so tall!! Still has about 3 inches to go to pass me though. I am sure that will happen in the next 6 months or so. Anyway, his heart is fine, no sign of the murmur and we got the letter. Then it was back to church to eat dinner and go to AWANA.
Thursday we had to wake up and head out early again to go into Savannah for dental cleaning for all four kids. Well, I noticed Wed. while I was driving that something didn't feel quite right with the car so Randy told me to stop by at work and let him check the transmission fluid. We did that and find out it is totally empty, so, off to get transmission fluid before going into the dentist. We got it done and made it to the dentist office just in time. This was Ian's first cleaning, he was excited until it was time to get in the chair....then he screamed!! We were able to get his teeth cleaned though. Morgan did great after being a little apprehensive to start with. She does have a couple small cavities she needs to have filled. Aaron and Kristen both were cavity free this time. After the dentist, we headed to Chuck E. Cheese for lunch. I had some coupons for free tokens and also a pizza deal coupon. We ate and the kids had lots of fun playing and winning tickets. While they were playing, Aaron noticed one of the doors where the tickets go on one of the games was open. He found one of the workers and told them it was open. The worker told Aaron "THANK YOU for being honest and letting us know!" He gave Aaron another cupful of tokens as a thank you. Once we has finished eating and playing, we headed to Sears to have the oil changed in the car. We walked in the mall for a bit while we waited. I was able to find some great deals on a few winter clothes for Aaron, Kristen and Morgan, as well as a few shirts for myself so that was a bonus as well!! Needless to say, after a long and busy two days, we were glad to get home Thursday night and not have to go anywhere Friday!! Here are lots of Chuck E. Cheese pics!!!














































4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HEY!! I miss you guys SO MUCH!! love the curls Aaron..makes me think you are a little like me! lol. Kristen...you are lookin a little to grown for me gurl...stop that! My MoMo.. gettin too big for those britches aren't cha?..lookin like your mom. and 'little' Ian..not so little anymore...you look like a big boy little man... all of you give your momma a big hug for me... love you!

Anonymous said...

I loved the Chuck E. Cheese pics. Your kids are so darling. My 3 girls had a dentist appointment this month also. They were all cavity free! Yay! My little one, who is 5, loves to go to the dentist, because they give her a new toothbrush. Now here I am spending $4.00 on a character toothbrush that she just has to have, and then she goes to the dentist and they hand her a little 50 cent one, and out goes the character one. Go figure. LOL!

Kristen said...

That was sooooo fun!!!!!!!!!!!

chandra said...

Rhonda - WTG on no cavities!! That is always great news! Isn't that always the way kids are....sort of like the old thing the kids would rather play with the box the toy came in!!