Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The Beginning of Spring!!

Well, I think it is safe to say spring has arrived. Life has been busy as always and I just haven't taken the time to update the blog. Here are just a random selection of some things we have been doing the past few weeks. This was Ian the night of his birthday party!! He was crashed!!!!



We decided we were going to plant a garden this year so we have all been working hard digging and getting ready to plant. Here Kristen and one of the neighbors, Becca, were just starting to dig one Sunday afternoon.









While we were digging, Ian was just having fun riding his bike around the yard.

We took Maggie for her spring haircut. Here she is playing out in the yard while we were working on the garden too.

Just a funny picture of Maggie I managed to snap it right as she was barking!!

The groomer gave her a cute little scarf for Saint Patrick's Day.


Kristen posing with the shovel. She dug the entire outline of the garden which is about 16 feet by 30 feet!

Momo helped with the digging too!








Here is the outline done!


Yes, I helped with the digging too.



We had Kayden spend the night with us one night and the kids had fun playing with him.


Kristen is working on a project all about Australia. We have been plugging along with lessons and looking forward to the end of the school year. I haven't taken many school pictures but I did snap this one.

Maggie sitting all pretty one night with her paws crossed.

Momo loving on Maggie!

Randy bought me a stand for bird feeders and we put that up. It didn't take long for these little birdies to find the birdseed!!

In the morning and evenings, there are tons of these little guys all around the feeder!



All of our azaleas have been blooming!

The trees are all budding and all around flowers are blooming and everything is turning green. I love spring!!

2 comments:

Alison said...

Looks so awesome!! Can't wait to see the garden!!!~

Rhonda said...

Oh I love a garden. Wow! your's is going to be a nice size. We have our little plants in pots and I have some blooms on some already.

Maggie is just so cute. My sis has a little male, but he is darker in color and when she has him trimmed, the vet's office always puts him the cutest little scarves on.

My azaleas have finished blooming. I have the pink ones. Your white ones are so pretty!