Saturday, March 14, 2009

Art, Reading, Pocketbook and more....

Kristen recently finished reading this book. She posted about it on her blog but she said this was one of the best books she has read. The title of it is "The Rose Red Box".

Momo just being silly one day while working on her lessons....


Here is Momo with some books we read while we were working on her pocketbook. These were all about germs.


You may remember seeing my earlier post about the Pay It Forward contest. I received my gift from the contest on my friend, Sadie's blog. This is what she made for me and I just love it. She took pictures of each of my kids from this blog and made them into profiles. She then mounted them in a frame for me. Isn't it the neatest thing?


One night, Randy and Aaron were hooked on a bowling game on Aaron's PS2. They stayed up until about 5AM playing. I found these pictures on my camera the next morning. They were so excited about their scores!






Morgan finished up her Healthy and Happy Me pocketbook.



A story she wrote as if she were her tooth!




She drew healthy foods in her refrigerator!





The kids also worked on another fun art lesson. This one was melted crayon wax art. First they melted crayon shavings in a pan. ( Don't mind my rings on my stove, I was out of cleaner for it then.)



When the wax was melted, they would drag a small piece of paper through the wax to color the paper. Then they set it aside to let it dry.

Once the wax was dry, they cut the colored paper to make a picture on a bigger piece of paper.
Aaron coloring his paper...
Momo coloring hers.




Kristen's picture. She gave it to one of the little boys across the street.


Here is Momo's finished picture. We still have some of the colored papers left that they wanted to save to use later.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool!!! Just wait till they bowl on the Wii when we are there..lol

Rhonda said...

Oh I like the pocketbook! I like the idea of binding it the way that you did. Very cool idea! My binding machine broke. :0(

The wax crayon projects are very cool!