Friday, August 31, 2007

Lots of Catching up!!!! PICTURES!!

OK, let's see if I can get all these pictures in the right order. We have been busy learning so I haven't been doing so great with posting pics as I take them. (Not to mention my picture editing software was acting crazy. I think it is fixed now though). We have made it through our first 3 weeks of the 2007 - 2008 school year and it is still going well. Now on to the pictures!!

First up, we have Morgan showing her policeman and fireman "hats" she made while talking about community helpers.



Of course Ian got in on the lesson too!! He loves firetrucks! He was making siren sounds!!


Next in S.S. Morgan was learning about water bodies and continents so she was working on some continent puzzles. Aaron and Kristen helped with this one!




One morning last week, our neighbors invited us to come have a breakfast picnic. That was a lot of fun. We made french toast sticks and cut up some oranges. They made trail mix. It was raining so we had our picnic in their garage. After we ate, the kids had some fun playing in the rain before we came in to start on our school work.








Momo was having trouble going to sleep one night so Randy laid down with her on our bed. This is what I found a few minutes later....they were both out cold!


Kristen worked on a science project this week. It is actually going to serve two purposes. She is having a lot of fun( I should say we all are) watching it and then I will be able to use it starting next week for my bug class at coop! She set up a bug trap out in the yard and also a terrarium. She had been catching all sorts of bugs and even had a couple frogs!!
Here is the trap.....





Here is the terrarium





Yesterday in S.S. Morgan made a little mobile showing the difference in old maps (flat maps) and new maps ( globe shape).




And just to show we do study along with all the fun......
here is Aaron working on his math




And here are Aaron and Kristen working out math problems on the white board....


And now, just some random "life" pics!

I guess Maggie like Ian's blankie too!

This is where Maggie is while we do school.....right at our feet!


Kristen having some silly fun with Maggie last night!! Yes, they are sharing a shirt! HAHAH


Ian cheesin'!



Look at me Mama!!



This is how I found Morgan in the bath one night!! Silly girl!
More silliness!
Just cuteness!!

Can you find Ian and Momo? Aaron made them a "tent".


OK, I think I am all caught up now. Sorry for such a huge post with a little bit of everything!! As you can see, we are having a great time learning and having fun. The best part of all....we are doing it all together as a FAMILY!!! YAY!!!!

4 comments:

Alison said...

Looks like loads of fun!!!

Heather the Mama Duk said...

Looks like a great time! I love the daddy daughter sleeping picture.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I found your homeschool blog on the "Justmommies" message boards. I wanted to tell you that I loved my visit here. I am a homeschooling mom of 3 girls and reading your blogs and seeing your pictures reminded me so much of myself when I am schooling my girls. Thank you so much for sharing this blog. You make me want to start a homeschooling blog of my own. :0)

Rhonda said...

Well Chandra, you inspired me to start my own homeschool blog. It took me a little while to set it up, but I think that I did pretty well. Oh and btw, one of my girls set up the same kind of bug trap in science class. We have caught a variety of bugs,placed them in glass jars, and labeled them. Your terranium is sooo much better though.